This is our old girl Sadie.  She turned 14 in June.  I made her “Pea-mutt Butter and Pumpkin Pupcakes” to help celebrate, which she loved.

As you can tell from the photo, she’s not as thrilled with her hat!She knew the pupcakes were coming Kathleen!  :)

17 Responses to “With age comes wisdom”

1. Dawn

Looks like a lot of our sweet shelties will be enjoying some pupcakes. Thank you for taking the time to give us all the recipe…:)

2. Danielle Monson

I have two little friends who would probably enjoy “pupcakes” too. Is that short for pancakes or for cupcakes and could I please have the recipe, too?

3. Pamela

God bless her…andd I hope she loved her pup cakes. Sadie, happy birthday from the Shelbronze fur kids in Australia.

Cheers….Pamela

4. Shawn

Kathleen, I forgot to ask, do you follow a specific recipe for the “pupcakes”? If you do could you possibly send me a copy? Something tells me that Tru would probably enjoy them. Thanks in advance. Shawn

5. Shawn

Salutations and Congratulations on Sadie’s birthday. Even with the hat she is a regal lady. I looked at the picture in amazement as Sadie looks like the twin sister to my Tru. She turned 6 back in March. Sadie’s expression is identical to one that Tru gives me sometimes when she seems to be asking “Why are you doing this to me?” We both wish you many more glorious days!

• Kathleen Pike

Pea”Mutt” Butter and Pumpkin “Pup”cakes

Ingredients:
      2 1/2 cups water
      1/2 cup canned pumpkin
      1 egg (slightly beaten)
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1/4 cup peanut butter (chunky)
      3 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
      1/2 cup oats
      1 Tbsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp nutmeg
      1/2 tsp cinnamon

Instructions:
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix water, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter thoroughly. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and stir well. Spoon into a greased mini muffin pan, making sure to fill each cup completely and piled high. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm (but not too brown). Cool completely and store in an open container or paper bag in the refrigerator. Makes 30 mini pupcakes.

• Patti

Thank you so much! I look forward to making these pupcakes for Alick! I know he will love them.

6. leslie morgan

Such a beautiful face, and those deep brown eyes!!!!! Happy Birthday to a sweet soul!