15 Responses to “Half past Sheltie o’clock”

1. Melissa D

Mollie and Jack do this particular routine every night and in fact, every weekend morning this is her ritual to wake HIM up… I usually get just the stare down from the side of the bed (“I know you’re faking Mommy… time to get up and let me chase squirrels at 5:42am on the day you want to sleep in…!”)
    But there’s just something about Jack and the spot just behind his ear she cannot resist… it’s like Mollie-nip for her. He could be freshly showered or covered in eight days of mud and whammo, she goes right to that spot… she’s our very silly girl!!!

2. Lisa

I don’t know whats worse; my sheltie whining or my cats knocking things off of the night stand to wake me up for food.

3. Rapha's mom

Rapha is very quiet until he hears me stir, then he jumps up on the bed. Somehow he can differentiate between a “sleeping-stir” and an “awake-stir”. Shelties are so good at recognizing every little sound and nuance.

• Ruth Shoenthal

My Shai knows the difference, too. Sometimes he comes to the bed and places his head on it waiting for me to rub his head and pat the bed. Then he’s up and right next to me ready to cuddle. Othertimes, he just barks at me from his own bed.

4. Suzy

Ahhh how sweet. My sheltie alarm clock hums non-stop until I get up. She’s too old to jump up on the bed, otherwise I’m sure she would.

5. Chris

That could be Annie Laurie and DH. She adds patting his arm and creeping yp onto his chest!!

6. Debbie

That is so cute…My Sheltie takes my covers off by pawing and pulling with her mouth. She does not want me to be covered up!

7. Gwendy

My Isabel whines and if that doesn’t work she kicks me and then quick looks away and pretends she didn’t do it!

8. P.Snyder

That must be a Sheltie thing, and no, they definitely don’t have snooze button! All 3 of mine have done that, and my current Sheltie, MacKenzie will add getting up and standing on my head if I try to ignore her.

9. Pat Monday

Me too! No cuddle or snooze button, just get up and take me out right now command!