Halo, don’t your little paws fall asleep keeping them up in the air like that?

They are just so silly aren’t they Terry?  ;)

12 Responses to “Sweet Dreams”

Sue Cox, where in Indiana you from? I’ve lvied in Florida now for over 20 years, but was born and raised in Evansville. My Sheltie baby, (now my Angel), slept just as you said yours does, in the corner, with all 4 resting on the wall. My vet says that for them to lie down and sleep on their backs like that shows that they are confident and totally trust where they are and know that no harm will come to them.

• Terry

Sullivan, I don’t know if you were asking me what part of Indiana I am from. I am not, I am from Florida. When I got Halo, she was 8 weeks old, and I traveled to Southwest Michigan to get her. I had lost both my older Sheltie’s within 8 days of each other, so I wanted a puppy. Halo will be 3 on October 8, 2011. I named her Halo because to me she is my angle who rescued me from my grief after I lost my others. Halo is awesome, and yes she is confident and of course “spoiled”.

2. joanna

Lucy sleeps like this as well–including stretching her front legs out straight. My mom thinks she is cooler that way–can get some cool air on that tummy!

3. Lum (Shadow's mom)

Shadow does likewise, but not with quite as much grace as Halo. Pretty little girl, she is!

4. Sharon

Great pic – my first Sheltie’s breeder years ago told me at night her Shelties lined the walls of her bedroom – all slept upside down! Of course, the puppy we got from her did as well…. seems to be in the genes.

Halo is a pretty girl with a unique name.

5. Becky

Lady sleeps on her back a lot, but she’s gotten so chubby, it’s hard to complete the roll to get up. She’s almost 15 years old.

6. JGS

HALO LOOKS SO PRECIOUS, LIKE A BABY. LOVE TO WATCH MY SHELTIE, GRACIE-SCARLETT SLEEP. SHE IS SO PEACEFUL AND CONTENT AND STILL. JUST WARMS YOUR HEART TO WATCH THEM SLEEP…………………AND IN SOME REALLY WIERD POSITIONS TOO – CAN BE VERY FUNNY TOO !!! SLEEP TIGHT HALO, DON’T LET THE BED BUGS BITE !

7. Sue Cox

Mine like to lay on the tile floor preferably in a corner and rest their feet on the wall…especially in this very hot summer Indiana weather….It’s county fair week….we will deal with it!

8. Bobbie

LOL! She looks sooooo content. I have a photo of my Sherlock in almost exactly the same position.

9. Cliff

Halo says “this is my I can take up almost half the couch pose”, and doing a very cute job at it