The universal code for a Sheltie in need of attention.

We all know it soooo well don’t we Helen? :)

24 Responses to “We gotta talk…”

1. Aus sheltie mum

This look in our house is one of four things: A. Can I have some of what you’re having. B. Play with me? C. Cuddles? D. Walkies?
    Such a good look that gets me everytime!!

2. Pat Monday

Matilda runs through her whole schtick. First it the look, then the stare, then the nudge, then the scraping of her nails on my legs, then comes the funny little grunts. If I try to touch her head, she does little jumps backwards, until I finally figure it out. It’s either food or outside.

It’s entertaining, I think she likes to make me laugh.

3. Danny's mommy

My Danny Boy gives me that look too and if it doesn’t work he gives me the nose poke and if all fails he taps me with his paw and will keep on tapping until I obey the message he is sending telepathically. Kind of spooky because I can read his mind and he knows it. They are too smart.

4. Judy

That look is so familiar to we Sheltie people. Those eyes will get us every time and they sure know how to use them! No use trying to resist.

5. jgs

” THAT FACE, THAT FACE, THAT WONDERFUL FACE, IT SHINES, IT GLOWS ALL OVER THE PLACE…………………” IF THAT SHELTIE LOOK DOES NOT GET ONE’S IMMEDIATE ATTENTION, NOTHING WILL. GREAT PICTURE OF A BEAUTIFUL SHELTIE WITH A WONDERFUL “NOSE BUMP” READY FOR ACTION !

6. Tara Lynn Baker (@TaraLynnnn)

When I get this from Caliber it’s “Hey Ma…can I….can I come sleep with you and Daddy? Please…?” It can be a bit creepy when you are half asleep and you open your eyes and they’re RIGHT there!! LOL

7. Diane

Beau gives me the look all the time. And if I don’t pay attention, he has no problem poking me in the butt.

8. Jenny Brown

So, we all know this look and how well-behaved our perfect dogs are. However, are the closet doors tied shut with a bungie cord because someone is a little too smart?

• Helen

Haha, yes! I didn’t know if anyone would notice that – he’s learned to open that door very quickly :)

• Lum (Shadow's mom)

Our local dog trainer and dog shop owner always laughs when Shadow is too smart. That’s funny about the bungie cord!

9. Lisa

That look for Autumn means, “I know your tired, but I REALLY have to go potty… Oh, yeah and breakfast too… PLEASE.”

When I got this look from Bambi, (now my Sheltie Angel), it was “Please momma, I gotta go NOW!” What a beautiful little face to look in to.