1. Let the dogs out to enjoy the outside or to do their business.
2. Expect them to want to stay out to enjoy the nice weather.
3. Within minutes of going out… all Shelties are back at the door wanting IN!

(Laddie, Jasmine, Chance, and Logan)
They always want to be where YOU are right, Gloria?

19 Responses to “Go figure”

1. Susan

OK… maybe this time I put this in the right place on this page… lol!
    Kelly, Is Chance the smaller one on the right? She looks so MUCH like my late, beautiful girl doggie, Twink. who was a small size Sheltie with that same little face, but her “rump roast” was a darker color like the others. We used to tease her about her ‘rump roast” cause it was a slight bit higher than it should be, and boy did she love her BALL!!! Actually, ANY ball! But she had several in different sizes. Did the small one by ‘chance’ come from Lincoln, Nebraska? I am trying to see if there are any pics online of her mother and father, and I came across your picture. Adorable! The best dogs in the world, Shelties. Twink changed my life and is forever in my heart, my hairy child… lol! I never took no for an answer for her to come everywhere with us. She loved it! She lived to be 17. She was soooo good she was a saint! I miss her terribly.

2. JGS

WHAT BEAUTIFUL SHELTIES !!!!!!!!!! MINE IS THE SAME WAY – THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BE NEAR THEIR OWNER, NO MATTER WHAT. THEY SOCIALIZE SO WELL WITH HUMANS ESPECIALLY THEIR HUMAN FAMILY. THEY DO NOT LIKE BEING SEPARATED LONG FROM THEIR OWNER IF THE OWNER IS AROUND ! THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MAKE THEM SO ENDEARING !

3. gloria

Thanks for all your comments… yes, it is true… we are all bonded to each other. It does however, get a bit crowded when I need to use the bathroom! ;)

4. Maida Farrar

This is true of course, wanting to be with us. Another thing I have noticed is that my Shelties have just NEVER WANTED A DOOR CLOSED ON THEM! If my little guy is out guarding the fence and having a great time, if I close the door he always hears it and is there immediately, wanting to come in. Our first sweetie, Vickie, had to have the bedroom door open, even if she wanted to stay in the hall for a few minutes before joining us. And it’s been that way with all of our babies. I think they always want access to us but I think too they have a sense of independence. LOVE ALL OF THEM SO MUCH!

5. Danny's mommy

All four are absolutely adorable. Even when my Danny Boy is out in the yard he has to run up to the door wall to look in to see if I am still there. Once he sees me he goes and runs around a bit and than comes to look again. They just want to be near us. Your four look like they would be lots of fun.

6. Sharon

So very true at our house, too! A lovely group of Shelties just wanting to hang with Mom, obviously.

7. joanna

So true! Lucy even wants IN when I’m out on the deck reading! She paces by the door and looks at me as if to say, “I’m a HOUSE dog. We should go IN!”

8. Becky

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful surprise! I’d want to keep them in with me. All that fantastic fur and personality!

9. Ann

They are all too cute and all different personalities too I bet ,but one thing in common . Follow the master right !

10. gloria

You are so right Kelly! I love them so much and I know they feel the same… hence, wanting IN. Gotta love those devoted shelties!

• pam

I agree, my three dont care where we are so long as its together! love em to bits (ALL shelties!) x