Like all Shelties, Skipper was obsessed with tennis balls and refused to give them up. He attends BA meetings every week.Thanks to the perseverance of his owner, Skipper got through his challenges and is in full recovery…sort of.
One ball day at a time, Steve and Nan!  :)

20 Responses to “One Sheltie’s struggle with BallHab”

1. jgs

SKIPPER IS TOO CUTE. GLAD HE IS IMPROVING THRU BALL HAB. LUCKILY MY GRACIE-SCARLETT HAS NO SUCH AFFLICTION. SHE COULDN’T CARE LESS ABOUT A BALL – NOW FOOD, THAT IS ANOTHER ISSUE COMPLETELY !

2. Susan

One of my previous Shelties carried her squeaky Kong ball everywhere and bugged us like mad to play fetch with her. I so miss that. Our Zoey LOVES frisbees.

3. Lum (Shadow's mom)

You know, I actually owned a book on Shelties that stated “Shelties don’t fetch.” Tossed that book a while ago …!

4. Cheryl

We’ve tried FA (Frisbee rehab) but we keep having relapses. :-)
    Good to know that it’s actaully not a disorder at all, but rather normal behavior. Gotta luv it!!! That look is pityfull isn’t it?

5. Amy

My Shayla is obsessed with a basketball. Before the Basket ball, it was a soccer ball (she loved to play soccer. She had her own goal area and was better than any kid I know.) I can’t imagine what her next obsession will be.

6. Helene

My Scarlett has been a ball-a-holic her entire life: any size, any kind, any where,any time! Her collection includes 6 soccer sized balls, a Nerf football, and countless tennis balls. She’s constantly rolling one around the house, with the larger soccer type vinyl playballs being her favorite (kicks it with her paws, steers it with her nose). It’s a Sheltie-ism!

7. Severine

Oh thank god! I didn’t know this was a disorder. I thought that was just our sheltie doing this…. She was helping me decorating the Christmas tree yesterday. Which meant: Mommy is hanging up lots of balls on a tree and I try to grab as many as possible and run out the doggie door.
    I guess I dont have to mention that the glass ornaments stayed in the boxes this year :-)

8. Watson's Mom

Our dear Watson is not quite 6 months, but is showing signs of ball addiction, too. :)

9. Toffee's Mom

How CUTE! Such common an addiction for Shelties, let us know how the 12 step program is going for him, lol

10. Ruth Shoenthal

And where do their people go? To Doggie Ball-Anon of course. Great picture, beautiful sheltie

11. Lum (Shadow's mom)

I know this posture very well. It is such a disappointment when the ball doesn’t levitate on its own. Good luck in BA, Skipper!

12. gloria

OMG, my seltie has the same disorder… not in rehab yet.
    He enoys himself too much. Great concentration!