Shea:  “It’s simple really. Until all my demands are met, I keep playing boat anchor.
I’m fully prepared to drag this out.”
On a nice day if Shea doesn’t want to come in she will dive into the grass and lay on her back so she doesn’t have to go inside. My stubborn dog will stay like that basically until I go pick her up off the ground. It is always a fun show for other people to watch!

Oh my that would be funny to watch, Jenni!  :))

21 Responses to “Sheltie Terms”

1. Sharon

OK I have looked at this shot numerous times, and it makes me laugh every time. My hubby, too. We really think a video is needed of this whole process. It would be so darn entertaining. How about it?

• Jenni (Shea's Mommy)

I am going to try to get it on tape! I never know when she is going to do it and I normally walk her alone so it will be tricky….. but I am willing to attempt it!!

2. Sharon

OMG I really got a good laugh out of this picture! My Ally does the same thing when we go to pull her off our bed at night to go to sleep. She rolls over and becomes the heaviest 18 lb Sheltie ever! Pure passive resistance!

Thanks for sharing, Shea sounds like a character.

3. Robby

I love the perspective on the photo….looking aaaaaaaall the way down the leash. I can’t stop laughing.

• Jo

I keep coming back for more of this hilarious view too! Shea is NOT done being outside lol.

4. Rachel

SOOO funny, love the picture! Glad to know I am not alone with the Sheltie stubborness! My 10 month old sheltie just started not wanting to come inside & I have to bring her in myself sometimes!

5. Patti

That’s so cute. Warning – that stubborn streak increases with age! My 15 year old Sheltie Alick now has selective hearing. This morning it was 20 degrees and he wanted to wander the yard, not hearing a thing when I called him. However, he can be sleeping in the far end of the house and as soon as I walk in the kitchen, he’s bright eyed and under my feet!

6. Buddy Boy

It has been raining here for a few days. Peoples moods are dark and dreary like the weather.

Thank you to you and your fuzzy for sharing this laugh. It just made my day.

7. jgs

THAT IS TOO FUNNY !!! SHEA HAS A MIND OF HIS OWN……………JUST LIKE MY GRACIE-SCARLETT. IF SHE DOESN’T WANT TO DO SOMETHING I TELL HER TO DO, SHE WON’T !!! STUBBORNESS IS ALSO A SHELTIE TRAIT.

8. Danny's mommy

I am laughing my head off over this funny, stubborn sheltie. You have to love his ingenuity in getting his way.

9. Lum (Shadow's mom)

Shea’s behavior is hysterical! She is so smart to have figured this out. Wish we could see the face of this clever girl …

haah too funny! My little gal Kelly does all kinds of tricks and things…but like your she doesn,t like to come when called..We have a brick edging around the yard [ her road and the ducks ] Sooo…when she knows I am getting impatient she will walk that road of hers like a little turtle right up to the door! Soo funny! TESTING !!!!! ahhaha