8 Responses to “Your Back to Work Penance”

1. JGS

THE SAME LOOK MY SHELTIE GIVES TO ME EVERY MORNING WHEN I AM READY TO GO TO WORK – THAT “AHH, DON’T LEAVE ME” LOOK. AND AFTER BEING HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, THE LOOK IS EVEN SADDER !! BUT SOON I WILL BE TAKING EARLY RETIREMENT AND GUESS WHAT ? NO MORE LOOK LIKE THAT………..EXCEPT WHEN I GO OFF FOR SOME OTHER REASON WITHOUT HER ! OH, WELL !!!

2. Pat Monday

We endure this torture every time we leave the house. We have to leave through two different exits, Ray, exits via the garage (because he is scared) and me, the front door, holding the goods (treats) in hand. I tell her as we leave, “places people, places”. She totally gets and heads to her spot, where the whole scene plays out.

The barking is intense, the hardest thing is the howling while we run to the car!

Later, when we race home, we can tell she has been sleeping. Sheltie hair all mussed up, big stretches when she see us. Not a care in the world.

Kelly, thanks for the post.

3. Barb Miller (Brandi & Brady's mom)

After being off for 12 days (vacation and holidays) it was hard for me to leave this morning. Brandi & Brady know that when I put on certain clothes I am leaving the house. . Actions speak louder than barks … Brandi – instead of sitting beside me at the breakfast table – stayed in the dining room with her back to me and Brady stayed in the living room. Two very disappointed Shelties indeed!

4. Nancy (Bailey, Chloe & Dreamer's Mom)

What a face!! My Chloe was also very vocal this morning as I was leaving for work. It breaks my heart to leave her…

5. Cheryl

Yes, this is very true. I was “ordered” to stay home today. Very vocal about the fact that I was leaving.

The look on her face says it all! The Sheltie look gets me every time! I can be sure whenever I come home,Kelly is waiting at the door!

7. Cliff

My wife has a few more days off, maybe Matilda can come over for a play day? We have a back yard covered with snow…

Happy New Year everyone