Dessa has some serious advanced napping skills.

Sheltie sleeping upside down

How DO they sleep like that, Marjorie?

19 Responses to “The Sprawl”

1. Nickie Clifford (Amanda's mom)

Dessa is precious – she reminds me of my Amanda when she’s in a very deep sleep. Sullivan refers to her “bed-head” – my husband calls it “bed-body”;).

2. joanna

Lucy sleeps this way too. On her back, with her side up against the wall, back of a chair, my leg (in bed) etc. And LOL at the ‘looks like a turtle on its back’ I’ve often called Lucy ‘my little turtle’ when she’s struggling to right herself.

Dessa is too cute!

3. Nancy (Baily, Chloe & Dreamer's Mom)

Love the way Dessa’s hair looks like its blowing in the wind. Thanks for sharing!!

4. sharon

So cute. My first Sheltie Skye often slept upside down and so does Ally currently. Skye’s breeder said her bedroom walls were often lined by 10 Shelties sleeping upside down against the walls!!! Wouldn’t that be a funny sight?

5. Debbie Gilbert

I agree it must be a Sheltie thing. My Daisy sometimes does it, too. I think maybe bracing their feet against a wall gives them a feeling of security.

6. Ann

Too funny. Dessa’s hair looks like it is flowing in the breeze of a good dream of maybe running? She is a cutie!

hahaha Snug upon the wall..Too cute! Thank you for another AWWW morn for me..Dess is very cute too!

8. jAN hUNTER

Dessa is just a little doll! I love how she sleeps. Thanks for sharing your wonderful sheltie with us today.

What is it about Shelties, my Roxie loves to sleep that way too. Then when they wake up, they’re like turtles on their backs for a second until they right themselves. But they always manage to get back on their paws, ready for action. Dessa is a real cutie byw.

10. Tina

Now that’s a SHELTIE!!! Snug as a bug on a rug! Dessa is too precious and who cares about messy hair when the dreams are this good!!!

I needed this first thing monday morning!! :)

I believe this is what we would call a serious case of bed-head, LOL! That is too funny! Actually, my Bambi always slept this way too, behind the front door, propped up by the wall (and I have the marks to show where she would sometimes dream and “run” in place). Dessa looks to be a very small baby and just too cute.