19 Responses to “A Sheltie Will NEVER Forget You!”

It doesn,t matter as to whether it is five minutes, one hour , a few days or months and years….When a special somebody shows up at that door it is complete chaos for the first five minutes or so, lots of hugs and kisses and yippin……What a wonderful feeling that is…along with all the hugs and stuff!

2. Nickie Clifford (Amanda's mom)

So very, very heartwarming. This was exactly what Amanda did when her ‘Daddy’ returned from a business trip last week. Pebbles could have been her twin in behavior. My husband and Amanda ‘look deeply’ into one-another’s eye’s as-well (just as Pebbles and her Daddy did) – we refer to it as ‘the look of love’. Aren’t they just the most loving babies? The depth and sweetness of their devotion also brings me to tears.

3. Brittany

This is precious!!! What a happy little family. Every time I come home to my parent’s house after being at school, my two Sheltie girls go nuts, the house is full of excited barks and yips for about 20 minutes until we get down to the belly rubs.
    Much love to you all!

4. Susan

I know this reaction well. Our four Shelties act this way whether we’ve been gone 20 minutes or 8 hours. It’s total chaos for about the first 5 minutes, but we love all the attention I guys show us.

5. Bobbie

Is there anything better than getting belly rubs from the one you love?! Sweet, sweet, sweeeeet!

6. Jessica

How cute! I don’t know why but this made me tear up! The unconditional love from a Sheltie :)

7. Tonya

The loyalty these babies exhibit blows my mind….my Luckie was a rescue, but not in the sense most think of. I basically forced the hand of my husband’s family member to let me take her. (As in he was going to let me have her willingly or she was going to disappear.) She was living in deplorable conditions in a tiny pen between a hound dog and a pig. She never got out of the pen. She had never been socialized, and at a year old, had never been taken to a vet. We brought her home and with lots of hard work and lots of love, helped her become the dog she was meant to be all along.

Four months after bringing her home, as we were still working through some issues, her previous owner stopped at our home as he traveled through. As he first got out of his vehicle, she was shy as she always is with strangers. But he spoke….and she recognized him and went NUTS. Jumping and barking, and pawing and whining. He was at our house for a couple of hours, and she never left his side. Ever. This is a man that had shown this dog MAYBE a couple of minutes of kindness a day. And in return for a pat on the head and a handful of food thrown on the floor of a nasty pen, she gave him such unending devotion. It makes me cry every time I think about it.

wow, Pebbles has been missing her Dad! So sweet, she was wiggling like a little worm! I bet she’s still glued to his side now.

OMG – SO much LOVE! Sheltie LOVE is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK, any single men out there that would love a shelie that much is the man for me! What a lucky dog you are Pebbles.
    OK – time to start a sheltie dating site! Ha!

That is so-o-o cute. Isn’t unconditional love a wonderful thing, and nobody does it better than our little Sheltie furkids. Your little Pebbles is absolutely adorable. I wish you many long happy years with this little cutie.