This photo I took on our oldest Shelties’s 17th birthday, April 25, 2013.  Lizzie still enjoys her life, especially hugs and kisses.  She can no longer see, but her hearing is remarkably good.  At 17 years of age, I think she still looks beautiful.

Lizzie17We think so too, Sheila!

34 Responses to “17 Never Looked So Good!”

1. Susan

She is adorable and looks very content. Thanks for giving her such a loving home.

2. Lycia (Logan's mom)

17?! Wowww!!! She looks like a little girl! She’s beautiful!

3. Karol Bellizia

What a beautiful photo..Happy Birthday Lizzie! (17th)
    You are beautiful and I’m thinking very well taken care of and loved.

Karol & Sadie

4. Chris Morphew

Oh how I wished that our Benjamin could’ve still be with us. He went to the Rainbow Bridge January 20, 2013 at age 13. Our hearts are still heavy and we miss him so. What a beauty Lizzie is at 17.

5. Lisa (Panda's mom)

It is SOO ENCOURAGING to see a Sheltie live to be 17 and still be happy! My Panda is 9 years old and very healthy, but I’m getting paranoid about his being a “senior” already. After seeing Lizzie, though, it makes me want to relax and enjoy my sweet, silly little buddy, because that may be him someday! =o)

6. Mom of Naiche & Naruto

Peace Sheila,
    Blessings to you and Empress Lizzie!! Happy happy
    Birthday day Miss Lizzie! How precious indeed
    to have her still !! My last Sheltie lived 15 amazing
    Years! Now I have have 2 seven yr old Sheltie
    brothers!! We are the fortunate ones .. Right Sheltie
    Nations ????? Yesssss

7. Michele

Ditto to all the above comments!!! Well said everyone!!!

Lizzie, Happy 17th Birthday, gorgeous, sweet girl. I just love the softness of the senior faces. What a wonderful life she has.

8. Maida Farrar

Happy, happy birthday, dear beautiful girl! I am so happy for you and wish you all the hugs and kisses you ever want. I know your family loves you an awful lot. Keep on trucking, beautiful sweet girl!

9. Sheila Johnson

It made our day seeing our Grand Old Girl on Sheltie Nation this morning. Lizzie said if she knew she would be honored today, she would have worn a tiara!

10. denise

Sending out belated Happy Birthday wishes out to this very beautiful girl.

She is absolutely stunning at 17! I love her markings (coloring) and bright/shiny coat.

Please give her some hugs and kisses from us, and throw in some treats, too.

11. Bobbie

Wow, she’s gorgeous and so regal looking! What’s her name? I have a 14-year-old sheltie boy named Teddy. Seniors are the best–they’re so good at teaching us what’s important in life: a comfortable spot to nap and lots of hugs and kisses :)

12. Dawn

Very beautiful!! 17 is fantastic!! I hope my girls stay with me that long. You must be an excellent sheltie mom.

13. Tabitha

She’s BEAUTIFUL Sheila! What a wonderful little girl you’ve got there!

wow she is a stunning 17 yr old girl! Imagine all the fun she’s had over the years, it shows in her pretty face. Good dog, great pic!

15. Alice D.

Such a pretty sheltie. Enjoy her every day. I lost my Noelle last year from kidney disease. She was only 6 years old, and I still miss her every day.

16. Jan Chapman

A lovely picture of a lovely senior friend. Brings a tear to my eye, thinking about my older dog, too. We love them and they give us so much back.

17. Aus sheltie mum

Breathtakingly beautiful. I hope my shelties live as long as this beautiful creature xx

WOW! Amazing, and she looks so beautiful ! Lots of hugs and kisses for this 17 year old beauty!
    From British Columbia

19. Denise

You are so fortunate to have her for so long! What a beautiful girl who looks so content! She obviously has a great family who treats her like a queen! Happy B day! What is her name?

WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL to see your sweet sheltie girl at 17!

We ALL wish we were as blessed as you are Shiela to be able to boast of a shelties in our homes to live until 17! It just shows the great job you are doing as an owner to allow her to have a 17th B-day…

Many more to come and thanks for sharing!

Oh Shelia, your baby is so-o-o beautiful, I just love these gorgeous senior souls. We can tell by looking this baby has had a wonderful, grand, pampered life and has been spoiled rotten, lucky her and you. I wish you lots of happy, lazy days in the sun sweet soul. Please give her 17 hugs and kisses from me.