Barley had a very busy day!

barleynap

When it works, it works right, Rhonda? ;)

14 Responses to “Groggy Doggie”

1. Jan Hunter

Our shelties over the years have always rested their heads or noses on chair braces, horizontal boards on decks, etc. We call these things “nose holders” These shelties are all so sweet and sleep in the strangest ways. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us!

2. Joan

Looks uncomfortable but content. But my goodness Barley’s facial markings are almost identical to my Cookie’s. And his body markings are very similar. She could be his twin.

3. Lynne

my cat loves to sleep under anything. when we have have breakfast trays she comes flying in from somewhere to lay under them!! LOL

4. Lois

we got our Lady a gel mat, she always likes to lay on a cool surface… and she loves it. you are right though, she will lay on the pebbles on the walkway, and a lot of other strange places…..

• Lynne

This is so cute, but Max is always laying near the coldest spot. usually in summer and the air condition vent. Lois where do get a gel mat, maybe max would like that. He too is my shadow, if I move and he isn’t in the same room, he comes and looks at me like, whats up Mom?

5. Wes Mason

Our Blue Merle Sheltie, Bandit, loves to lay on the edge of a wonderful wooden rocking chair that is my wifes favorite place to sit in. If she moves, he follows her to be close to where she sits.

Sleep, Barley, Sleep. But maybe next time, find a somewhat softer pillow, it’s worrying me to see your adorable little head on a wooden pillow!

7. DougieMom

awwww :) Someone is sure tuckered out. What a beautiful sheltie Barley is

8. Caren Gittleman

my Dakota loves to sleep under the coffee table too! Must be a Sheltie thing!

It always amazes me that these little furbabies can make a seemingly comfortable bed out of anything, wood, rock, concrete, they just drop and drift off! But when they do this, it usually makes for some fun, comical pictures, as evidenced above. Lucky you Rhonda, Barley is a very handsome little gentleman, he sure does have a beautiful coat, his colorings and markings are striking.