tobyI’ll be taking a bit of a break this week from SN. Last evening we had to say goodbye to Toby. He had started to experience heart failure back in May but with many drugs, he was able to come out of it. Sadly his heart started to fail again this week. It was time.

Thank you Toby for almost 10 wonderful years. You were the sweetest and most beautiful Sheltie I’ve ever known. You never met a stranger and everyone who met you wanted to take you home for themselves. You will be very much missed by a lot of people.

I love you, handsome.

tobypeaking

tobysnow

tobybath

cuddletoby

tobycandle

180 Responses to “Sad News from SN HQ”

1. Denise

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Toby with us over the years. Focus on all the good memories and stay strong like he did.

2. Dan and Julie Zittnan

Our condolences. We know exactly how you feel. The memories last forever, but we still miss our girl after 18 months. Time will help. Toby was indeed a beautiful companion.

3. Pam

So very sorry about your loss. He was such a beautiful boy and it breaks my heart to hear that he has left you. My heart goes out to you.

4. Janie Nodine

I’m so, so sorry for your loss. The love between you both, is very evident in the pictures you have posted. He will always be with you, remember that.

RIP sweet boy!! Run free at The Rainbow Bridge.

5. Mary Mounts

I am so very sorry for your loss of Toby. I can tell from the pictures he was very special. May your precious memories outweigh the sadness.

6. Becky Chilcote

I’m so very sorry for your loss. My own girl, Cheyenne, may be having some issues with diabetes and we need to get her checked out. It is never easy losing a fur baby; but, remember the Rainbow Bridge. Toby is there playing with Princess, Rocky, Angel, Andy, and Bizkit, running in the sunshine. Prayers for healing peace for you.

7. Julie

I am so sorry for your loss. Toby was a very handsome guy. It is hard when we lose our babies. You are in my thoughts.

8. Chris

Kelly, I am sorrier than I can say. Toby is a splendid little guy, and Heaven is brighter for his presence. May St. Francis take good care of your little boy until you can hold him in your arms once again.
    With much love,
    Chris, Layla, Annie Laurie, Bitsy Boodle, Beckon and Huckleberry

9. Mary Gallagher

I’m so sorry, Toby was such a beautiful guy. Having lost four shelties over the years I know how tough it is, take care.

10. Kathleen Roonan

I am so sorry for your loss. The love, faithfulness and loyalty of a sheltie cannot be explained, it has to be experienced just as you did with Toby. He is running free and with a brand new heart playing with all the other shelties.
    You are im my thoughts and prayers.

11. Nancy Morgan

Wow! Look how many people just feel so sorry that you lost your beloved Toby. I too wanted to convey my sympathy at your loss. I lost my Bebe last September. She was 13 and I still talk about her to Clancy, her buddy. He perks up his ears when he hears her name. He still remembers. I am hoping to see her at the Rainbow Bridge when it is my time to go. My previous Sheltie, Katie, was a rescue from a lady who passed away after Katie turned ten. I figured Katie was with her right away at the Rainbow Bridge. We had her for 4 wonderful years and I loved her more than I can say. I don’t expect her to be waiting for me. Sadly, I feel she joined her first owner. But I am glad she is happy!

12. Mary Lindsey

I’m so sorry for your loss. We lost our Mollie last September. Our babies are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

13. Kay Poston

Kelly, thank you for sharing Toby with us over the years. I never met him except on these pages but loved him for his loving smile. I know he will be waiting for you but pray that your heart will know that you had the best little guy. Prayers for you, your family and all your fur kids.

14. Jan Hunter

I am so sad about Toby. My prayers go out to you. His looks and personality make him sound so much like our beloved Tory we lost a year ago. I am so sorry and I share you hurt :(

15. judy

Sorry for your loss. I love the picture with the candle in the window. Toby will be missed.

16. Sherry L Schwindler

I’m so sorry for your loss & I know my Angel boy Sammy will keep Toby company until when meet them at the bridge. I lost Sammy 2 years ago June to a brain tumor and I still ache but now I can remember more of the happy loving cute things he did than the pain of his loss. They wait for us!
    I adopted 2 boys to keep my beautiful Jazzy girl company and Tucker could be Toby’s twin…what a handsome fella, your Toby

17. Deb

I wish I had more comforting words then ” I am so sorry.” Thank you, for sharing him and your love for him with all of us. We all feel the depth of your loss, past what words can convey.

I say prayers for you and your family.

18. Leesa Tenney

Oh, how they break our hearts…and we who love them would have it no other way. For but a moment of time together we gladly risk the time of loss.
    These bonds never break, for the longest threads are the strongest.
    My sheltie angel Buzz Lightyear went to the bridge in June. So, Toby, handsome boy, when you see a little tri boy with the crooked grin and goofball written all over his face – be sure to give a chase. For hearts are new and wild with anticipation and old joints and legs are ready to run anew.
    Beautiful boys, you will have a blast.

19. Rob Murray

So sorry for your loss, I know how it feels. I’ve lost 2 shelties, my babies Tupper and Cody, to this day , even with a little daughter named Abbey, I have yet to get over it. I do know I will see them at Rainbow Bridge.

20. Valerie

Kelly, Just knowing that Toby is now smiling and has a strong heart while running with the others at the rainbow bridge brings warmth and joy to your otherwise grieving heart. They are never with us long enough but take comfort that Toby has now very likely joined the “happiness patrol” and is the special ambassador who welcomes all the new rainbow ridge arriving guests. The last picture of Toby in the darkened window with the candle is just so perfect. Thank you for sharing him with us. What a wonderful and joyous life he shared with you and yours.

21. Leslie Morgan

Sometimes I wonder why we set ourselves up for the pain that will inevitably follow when we bring home our sweet sheltie babies. We know that our time together will be short, but we also know that everyday they bring us so much love, joy and laughter that we could not imagine our lives without them. That’s why we treasure every minute, every picture, every snuggle. I’m so sorry Kelly. See you when you’re ready. I want to go hug my boys now.

22. Ken P and Aggie

Kelly,

Our hearts go out to you. I can only imagine the loss you feel. I’m so grateful for all you’ve done for Shelties. Rest in peace, sweet Toby.

“I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
    If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.
    Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged.
    Missing me one place, search another;
    I stop somewhere waiting for you.”

—Walt Whitman

23. Kathy Strle

Kelly,
    Take as much time as you need. I know first hand how devastated you must be. I lost my baby on March 19th and it has been such a tough time for me. I got a new puppy In June but I still cry for my Shelby girl every day. My prayers go out to you but know that Toby has crossed the rainbow bridge and I hope that Him & Shelby are running free and happy. God speed Toby. We’ll all see you again
    Love to you all
    Kathy Strle

24. Cecile

So sorry to hear about your loss. Toby was a beautiful boy and I know he had a wonderful life with you.

25. Deb Skolnik

I’m so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful, sweet boy he was. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

26. Bernie Cornelison

I am so very sorry to hear of Toby’s passing. Find comfort in knowing he has crossed Rainbow Bridge and is playing with all the Shelties who arrived before him. Remember the first time you saw him, the day he came home and those puppy breath kisses. He will be on you heart until you meet again

27. Ruth Shoenthal

Kelly, I hope all your sweet, funny memories of Toby wrap around your heart so that they may ease your pain. Take all the time you need. We are with you.

28. Kelly Gargas

I lost my Sheltie of heart failure too at one month shy of 10 years old. I am sorry for your loss and hope the memories of the good times shared will fill your hollowness at this time. She is in heaven!:)

29. Patti

My heart goes out to you. Toby sounds like he was a very special boy. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers…….

30. Ellen Fierman

My deepest condolences. Your sweet, beautiful boy will always remain with you in your heart and in your happy memories.

31. Nancy Berry

I am so sorry Kelly. We have them for so short a time and even if we had them forever it wouldn’t be enough. My thoughts are with you.

32. Mary Wagner

what a sad time that is full of beautiful memories. Toby is the sweet image of my little Harvey. My good thoughts are heading your way
    best wishes
    mary

33. Judy Bianco

Oh Kelly, my heart aches for you. It’s always difficult to say goodbye to a beloved pet and those of us who are Sheltie parents know of the deep connection they have with us. This connection brings so much joy but also makes it so hard to be without them. Toby will join Trevor, waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. Take all the time you need to grieve. You have the support of all at SN and you know we understand.

34. Paige Thomas

Few things make my heart sadder. What a beautiful pup! Bless you Kelly with memories and peace. Will be thinking of you, and thankful that you and Toby shared life together.

35. Connie Clark

It is such a difficult time when we know we have to do what is best for our little buddies—so hard to say good-bye. My Sheltie-Corgi mix died in 2004 of congestive heart failure and the sadness of those last hours is something you never forget. The Sheltie I have now is starting to get older and every day is precious. My heart goes out to you.

36. Susan Ferrari

I am so sorry. Although I never met Toby, I loved hearing about him from time to time and seeing the wonderful pictures of him. He had the most adorable face and I’m sure a most adorable personality. Hugs to you!

37. Ann

What a gorgeous boy Toby was! That last photo at the window is stunning. I know how much you’ll miss him and I’m so sorry for your loss, Kelly. It’s so hard to let them go.