A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who left comments or emailed me personally about my beloved Trevor.

The well wishes mean the world to me, as only other Sheltie parents can understand the magnitude of the loss I am feeling.  Your outpouring of support has been a great comfort.

I am also grateful to all of you for your patience as I’ve worked up the courage to go “back to work”.  The depth of my grief has been hard to overcome, but all your email’s asking when I would be coming back reminds me that this site is very much missed!

I think tomorrow is a great way to start back up.  Everyone loves a fuzzy puppy.

So today I hope you don’t mind indulging me in another photo of Trevor.  This is one of my favorite photos of him and one of his squeaky bees.  He LOVED his squeaky bees & I knew if he was having a good day if he carried one outside with him.  The smile on his face here is almost as big as the bee’s.

I miss you sweetie pea.

61 Responses to “Thank you Sheltie Nation”

1. linda kurrus

Thanks for sharing such a precious picture of your beloved Trevor. His spirit shines in this special photgraph and I know he will always be with you. We appreciate the opportunity to share and enjoy the gifts that shelties provide and know we are all thinking of you and Trevor. take care, Linda

From my sheltie family… Laddie, Billy, Chance, Champ and little Jasmine… welcome back! They send their sheltie kisses/licks to you. Thanks for sharing such a special photo. Trevor will live on thanks to you and Sheltie Nation!

3. Stephanie

OMG!! Im so happy your back! We have all missed our daily dose of sheltienation. Trevor is such a beautiful bubbie. I call both my shelties bubbies for some reason. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. I dread the day when that time comes for me. Both of ares are such a huge part of our family. We dont go anywhere with out them. I always describe the shape of my shadow as a sheltie. Best dogs on the planet! Again welcome back ??? We all missed you!!!
    Stephanie and Dan

4. Dru

I’m so happy to have sheltienation back!! I was checking every morning first thing to get my daily sheltie fix. I’m so glad you’re back and this is a great way to celebrate our sheltie love!

5. Shelley Ramsey

Oh it’s so good to have you back! Trevor is a beautiful boy!!! We all know how you feel for him as we feel the same for our Shelties. There is no way to describe how a sheltie stays in your heart forever. I wish you the best and know Trevor will be somewhere waiting for you:) Great to see you back and love to see more beautiful babies!!!!

6. [email protected]

So glad you are back. It takes so much strength to overcome losing your sheltie kids. Been there, say I will never do it again, but I will always have a sheltie by my side.
    Pat Monday
    Newton, NH

7. sue

Hi Kelly, So glad to see you are back. We missed you. Love the pic of Trevor. What a beautiful boy. I am so sorry for your loss. Sue and the sheltie girls

8. Jane Nye

Kelly – so glad to see that you are back! I missed you. I know the heartbreak of loss. And I know that by giving, you will receive a lot of love in return.
    I have 3 corgis, but have fallen in love with Shelties because of you. Thank you for that gift.
    Jane

9. Bob

WELCOME BACK!!! I checked every day, sometimes, two or three times a day, to see if you were back. I missed Sheltie Nation! BEAUTIFUL DOG! Shelties do have a special soul, I miss my Shelly the Sheltie, but I am hopeful that I can get a puppy soon. Then poor Shadow the Sheltie will have another sheltie to play with again. The dachshunds do not play nice, they like to run around him, get him all frenzied, then run under him… drives him crazy.

10. Sharon Boehm

So glad you’re back Kelly. “Sheltie Nation” was my happiest place to visit on the internet daily, and I am sorry for your loss of Trevor, but will be glad to see your posts again.
    My Sheltie gal, Crystal, who you have kindly posted twice turned 15 last weekend, and I have been trying to prepare myself for her departure, but don’t really think I can.
    Hugs to you, and thank you again for sharing with all of us Sheltie lovers, they are truly special.
    Sharon

11. Tatha

So glad your back. Duncan Hines and I missed you. And I know my Little Debbie is playing with your Treavor while they wait for us by the bridge! Hope you start to feel better soon!

12. Lisa S.

Please post more pictures of Trevor when ever you like. He is a cutie pie! So glad you are feeling better and we love the work you do on this site!

13. ellen and arthur florman

Welcome back, my husband and I have missed you and the bright spot in our day that is Sheltie Nation.
    We have had Shelties for the past 30 years, so I know
    how devastating it is to lose a special little guy like Trevor. The amazing thing is that although we miss Cody and Cutter every day- we now have a beautiful and silly one year old named Chloe who has her own sheltie magic.

14. Jeanne

Sorry to here about sweet Trevor :0( as someone said earlier SheltieNation will be his legacy….
    I was worried that something happened and it did, I am glad to see you back
    HUGS

15. Craig

Thanks for your site and your joy you express in it. Our most heart felt condolences on your loss.
    Craig
    ( and Coby and Aslan!! )

16. Francine Lorts

Sheltie Nation has always been the first e-mail I read every day. Thank you for coming back to all of us; we missed you! May your heart be filled with all of the love you and Trevor shared. He was the most beautiful boy.
    Francine Lorts of Pueblo, CO
    Shetland sheepdogs — Lily Rose (a rescue), Dude Charlie and Danny Boy

17. Jenn Kelly

Kelly,
    Our hearts go out to you for your loss!! We have sent 2 beautiful shelties over the bridge and it is a pain like no other. We miss Taffy and Lady everyday and understand the magnitude of your loss. It is amazing how shelties leave such a big print on our hearts they truly are such beautiful spirits. We send love, hugs and tons of sheltie kisses from Duncan in your time of grieving. Thank you for all that you do for all of us that love shelties!! You are in are in our prayers!
    Love, Duncan and the Kelly Family

18. Shelly

It is WONDERFUL to see you back… Trevor is watching from above and he is as handsome as ever… God Bless And give Tyler & Toby those little extra hugs as I am sure they miss Trevor also..

19. Bill

Glad you are back. I will always think of Trevor every time I read Sheltie Nation.

20. [email protected]

we’ve missed you! sheltie nation will be trevor’s legacy…we’ll think of him every time we enjoy the photos. hugs to you and to toby and tyler, too. the dawsons in california

21. cindy

So glad to see you back, you were missed. The picture of Trevor just makes me smile, what a beautiful sheltie. I know you miss him, they are such a huge part of our lives, loyal to the end. Remember all the happy times you had with him.
    Welcome back

22. Joy

You post all the pictures of Trevor you want to! We love them. Post one every week or every day if you wish!!! So many of us have been there and understand. He WAS your family member. Welcome back!

23. Cathy

I lost my rescue Sheltie,Bear on Memorial Day of last year. I have a little female,Maggie that I have had for 13yrs. After Bear went to Rainbow Bridge my heart opened and I adopted another rescue Sheltie, Dylan he is 8yrs and I will have him a year in August. Your heart will open Kelly and when it does you will be ready. Once a Sheltie gets into your heart they are always there. God Bless.

24. Ann Marie

We are glad that you are feeling even a little bit better. Please know that we enjoy seeing photos of precious Trevor — post as many as you feel! I think that your story — painful as it is to share — has made all of us appreciate our furchildren even more. Love from Ann Marie and Jack.

25. Martin

As a newbie to this site, I’m very glad to see you back. Post as many pictures of your beloved Trevor, for he will always be in your heart and I know he continutes to walk along side you. I have endless pictures of my beloved Shelties; at my office, and in my phone. I love them dearly. My oldest sheltie, Cordelia sends me off to work each morning with sheltie kisses. They are truly a wonderful breed.
    Again, it’s good to have you back. God Bless.

26. gillian vaughan

what a handsome boy trevor was!glad you have come back,i missed you!

27. Connie

What a great Sheltie smile! I tear up every time I read about Trevor. My Sheltie, Colby, looks a lot like him and is seven and I can’t imagine life without him. The joy they bring to our lives is like none other.

28. Cindy

My little boy loves his little squeaky squirrels.
    I always smile when he he brings one to me to play.
    We are missing our recently departed kitty Wisper, and are helping each other the best we can. Speaking of, it’s time for morning snuggles!
    -Cindy

29. Debbie

Aww, he’s just too beautiful!! I know you’re still grieving and you will be for a long time, but welcome back to Sheltie Nation. Maybe interacting with other Sheltie parents will ease you through your grief and help you to heal. Let us know if we can do anything to speed your recovery!

30. Melissa D

So lovely to see your post today, Kelly… I love the wonderful and happy smile on Trevor too. I know it is exceptionally hard when we have given and received so much love from such wonderful dogs. If it’s any comfort, Trevor is playing with my Duchess in the sunshine… and I have a feeling he’s also found a lovely little pond with koi in it, so he can keep an eye on them too :):):)
    Many hugs and sheltie kisses :)
    ~Melissa & Jack… and Mollie-nose-like-a-collie!!!

31. Chris Lafferty

Thinking of you with love today, Kelly. I’ll never forget Trevor, the inspiration behind Sheltie Nation. Now our Nation has it’s own Heavenly Patron. Look after us well, Trevor!
    Love,
    Chris and the Shelties of Nattering Springs

32. Becky

Kelly, as the other posters have said, we share your grief over the loss of Trevor… but his spirit lives on with this website. We have missed the daily postings, but respect your need to let some time pass.
    Welcome back!! Thank you for this site!! As a sheltie mom (Cheyenne) I come here to read how others deal with Sheltie behavior.
    We’re ready when YOU are!!
    Thanks again!!!

33. Margaret Coats

I love the photo of Trevor. I have missed the daily photos and sharing of the love of our Shelties.
    Welcome back!

34. Terri

I never got to meet dear Trevor, but it feels to me that this picture has captured his true self… What a great picture to come back with Kelly. I’m glad you are feeling a bit better. We all know how time is what you need. Blessings to you. I know Trevor has already been greatly blessed, and will be forever greatly missed.

35. Paige

We have really missed you and our daily dose of Sheltie! Glad you are feeling like you can share again, and Trevor looks so happy and beautiful in the picture! Brings me to tears, and I have said a prayer that somehow the void will be filled. Thanks for all you do. . .

36. Emmasmom

Welcome back Kelly. You have such beautiful memories of your Trevor and thank you for sharing them with us and allowing us to send words of comfort to you at this time. Only someone who has lost a beloved sheltie knows the sorrow you have experienced and are still working through. God bless.

37. Cheryl & Mark Carlson

Our furkids will always show us that they are still with us. Our first and oldest Princess went to the rainbow bridge in May 09. I still at time feel her presents. Well, she was amazing too. She knew that she was so loved that she directed me to a website that no animal should be posted on. I never went on it before to look through the pets section. Then I automatically came to the ad saying Free to good home. I clicked on it and said 2 shelties. Well, I immediately sent an email as I thought personal puppymill. I really wasn’t looking for another dog right away, but we had one that was having bad seperation anxiety due to Princess’ passing. The lady contacted me and asked if I would take them both. I said sure, we met and picked them up. One of them was really badly sick with a tapeworm that he had had for a very long time. They have been with us for a year and they have changed a lot. Happy the face expressions have even changed. I know this was the work of our Princess. Because I would have never gone to that site to look for pets. She knew that these two shelties need help and love that we could give them. Trevor will work in his magical ways too. Glad to see you are coming back. Always post anything about Trevor love to see more pics and more stories. You have a lot of memories of him so share them if you want. Take Care.

38. Cheryl & Mark Carlson

39. Cheryl & Mark Carlson

40. GreggB

Dear Kelly,
    Shelties are such special little souls. They always seem to leave their little pawprints all over our hearts and we’re devastated when the inevitable happens…
    We are very sorry to hear about Trevor. We also have sent a Sheltie to the Bridge (Brownie in 2004). They seem to bring out the best in us, as he inspired us to become active in Sheltie Rescue.
    Our hearts are with you as you cope with your loss.
    Gregg & Nancy
    (Rico, Bailey, Dink & Beagin – The Sheltie Barks Brothers)

41. Joe

I am extremely happy to see that you are “back to work.” Sheltie Nation is Tevor’s legacy and we will remember him each time we log on. Thank you for allowing us to share in each other’s love of our dogs. Welcome back.

42. Janie

Welcome back. I’ve missed your beautiful sheltie pictures. I know how your heart is breaking over Trevor. I still miss my beautiful Lady who we lost in Jan. 2009.

43. denny

Thats a Beautiful Photo of him. glad to have you back. Thanks for sharing all your love and knowledge.