Harry

02/05/2010 - 10/28/2018

Memorial created 01/18/2019 by Jan.

Harry in My Heart Forever

On Oct 28th of last year, my sweet Harry wandered into the path of a German Shepherd who I was pet sitting and had tied to the back of a pickup truck. Harry was not paying attention and wandered into this dog’s space, was snatched and killed right before me and I could not get the shepherd to release him until Harry quit moving and was dead and bleeding out. The most horrific thing I have ever experience. I shortly found out about a Vet Clinic who offers free weekly as well as one on one pet grief counsel for 1 1/2 hours every Thursday and the 1 on 1 for an hour session. Attending these has helped me enormously only because all people in the group have lost pets and we share our healing processes etc.

Harry was 8 and soon to have a birthday this Feb. His Dad Sam is 11 and very active here on my chicken ranch. I am shopping for another Sheltie and am attending the Sheltie National Convention in Albany Oregon this coming April. Harry was the best little buddy and a constant companion for me. I am glad he was in my life for 8 short years.

Candles left in memory of Harry

1. Jan says:

ye, I am staying at the Super 8 Wyndham in Albany from March 31-April 3rd.
    Can hardly wait. Do you know if there is an admission??
    thank.
    Jan

2. Gloria says:

I can not imagine the trauma you both experienced. Thank goodness you sought counseling. My sincerest condolences on your loss of Harry. No other dog could ever replace him. I do hope you heal in time and are able to find just the right sheltie to fill the void. The heart just aches reading this tribute. Virtual hugs to you. GIve Sam a special hug and let him know a new buddy will be coming soon.

• Jan says:

Gloria- thank you so much for reaching out with your comforting thoughts.
      I am meeting a 13 month old this Sunday his name is Bailee. I hope we like each other.
      I am taking Sam for his approval as well. Wish us luck!!
      Best,
      Jan

3. Rocco & Abi in Oregon says:

We are so sorry for your loss. The Sheltie Convention in Albany is awesome and I am sure you will meet some great Sheltie People. We have a friend in Lebanon who has a lovely Sheitie boy she is looking to Rehome. Hugs from Oregon

• Jan says:

Thank you so much Rocco and Abi from Oregon. Will you be at the convention too??

• Jan says:

Well I acquired a real nice 13 month old Sheltie named Bailee who apparently could not bond with his owner. She had him since 7 months and said she just not feel close to him. He came from Bothel Washington. Very skittish but much potential due to his age. He likes Sam my remaining Sheltie. I wish there was a way to attach a picture, but I see none at this time. I am sure Harry would have been please to have a new guy who needs love and gentle attenton.

Leave a Candle