“Autumn tries not to pick sides when baseball season is in progress – and you can see why from the team pillows in our house.”She has her paw on the Red Sox & her back to the Yankees, so I’d say she HAS picked her team Lisa. ;) LOL…Good girl Autumn!
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Annie says: “But all the other dogs are wearing Doggles now!”
“I volunteer at our local county shelter and I’m disturbed and saddened to see how many owners allow their pets to go without identification. I’ve seen many dogs with $50 leather collars and no ID tag…many times.
Please spend a couple of bucks to identify your pet in case they should be separated from you. This goes for cats, too. You can even get simple plastic ones for free from your local shelter.”